Masterworks is a fintech platform that allows anyone to invest in shares of SEC-registered blue-chip paintings by names like Banksy, Monet, and Picasso. So far, we have raised over $500M across 100+ paintings from more than 450,000 users. This year, we expect to buy more than $1 billion in art, making us the largest buyer in the art market.
The business has more than 180 employees, and has been featured in major media publications such as The NY Times, CNBC, CNN, WSJ, and more. After becoming profitable in early 2020, just three years after being founded, Masterworks raised $110M in its Series A round with a valuation of over $1 billion.
With the exception of our tech team, all employees work in our offices at Brookfield Place in the Financial District of New York City.
As Engineering Tech Lead you will help manage a small team of engineers and work cross functionally with product, design and other engineering teams. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of software across the Masterworks Investment Platform and/or Trading System that help enable the business to scale its operations.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES:
- Lead and mentor a team of 2-4 engineers
- Define and own objectives and KPIs for your team
- Establish the technical vision for the team and across Materworks.io product portfolio, driving technology decisions and defining technical standards
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively across the business to drive implementation that aligns to business goals
- Document all aspects of your design and technical guidance to ensure information is spread throughout the organization
- Contribute to the code base 50% of your time - spend the other providing technical leadership and mentoring to developers via design and code reviews
- Increase delivery speed, transparency and quality by establishing best practices around DevOps, Agile, IaC, Security, CI/CD & Test Automation
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years as a Technical Leader
- 5+ years experience with Event Driven Architecture
- 5+ years experience with API Design & Modeling
- 5+ years experience CI/CD
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and build consensus on a vision
- Experience collaborating and motivating remote teams
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS IN THE FIRST 90 DAYS:
- Assess the current pod and product offerings to determine where to invest our engineering resources in order to accelerate feature delivery
- Determine how to scale our platform by leveraging industry trends and best practices
- Estimate efforts, identify risks, and participate in project planning and status meetings
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, be flexible and be able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity startup environment
- Specific metrics will we track:
- Increase velocity of the pod
- Reduce cycle-time in areas like “blocked” or “qa”
- Reduce defect rate found in production
- Increase Automated test coverage
- This is a remote position.