Masterworks is a fintech platform that allows anyone to invest in shares of SEC-qualified blue-chip paintings by names like Banksy, Monet, and Picasso. The company has 450,000 users on its platform and has become the largest buyer in the art market.
Masterworks has more than 180 employees, and has been featured in major media publications such as The NY Times, CNBC, CNN, WSJ, and more. After becoming profitable in early 2020, just three years after being founded, Masterworks raised $110M in its Series A round with a valuation of over $1 billion.
With the exception of our tech team, all employees work in our offices at Brookfield Place in the Financial District of New York City.
The Marketing team of ~30 people is responsible for generating leads for our retail sales team on a daily basis. Our marketing group is organized into the following groups:
- Marketing Analytics
- Platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tiktok, Quora, etc.)
- Programmatic Native and Display
- Creative (Copywriting & Design)
We’re looking for an experienced Analytics leader who can lead our Marketing Analytics practice to enable key decision-makers to make better decisions using data science. This leader will drive our marketing analytics practices, nurture and grow the analytics team, and build strong relationships with key executives and stakeholders across the marketing organization. This leader will partner closely with colleagues in data engineering, data science, data products, data strategy, data platforms, and growth teams to deliver the work and contribute to our innovation pipeline.
Position and Responsibilities Overview:
- Drive our marketing analytics practices, nurture and grow the analytics team, and build strong relationships with key executives and stakeholders across the marketing organization
- Define our long-term data strategy for Marketing Analytics
- Leverage a variety of data sources to create strategic marketing insights and recommend and build marketing success metrics, reporting, and spend allocation
- Implement new event tracking and data sources to better serve data models
- Educate the organization around marketing analytics, protocols, and implementations Enhance the team’s abilities to report on performance, focus on impact, and provide transparency about critical analytics workstreams
- Build and manage the Marketing Analytics team – a dedicated group within the Marketing function
- Manage and prioritize requests from team members and cross functional partners and set realistic expectations. Transparently communicate about priorities on a regular basis.
- Partner with Marketing team members to build increasingly detailed models of acquisition spend and channel attribution to deliver increased spend efficiency and higher ROI by improving the measurement and efficiency of marketing and media performance
Requirements or Skill Sets:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or another related field
- 6-10+ years of analytics experience product management, strategy, consulting, marketing/customer/product analytics, data science, or equivalent fields
- Expertise working with Python, R, or other statistical software
- Proficiency in SQL. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Redash) and marketing attribution models
- Experience measuring and optimizing marketing spend efficiency
- Experience with setting marketing objectives, marketing measurement (experimental design and incrementality testing) and attribution (including marketing / media mix modeling), optimization of targeting and creative within and across marketing channels (omni-channel marketing), setting requirements for marketing data, and personalized marketing
- Experience working with a marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (Google Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, affiliate tracking platforms, pixel tracking, etc.)
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis experience and problem-solving
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate results from the data to marketing and management
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Must be eligible for full-time US work - no exceptions.
- Must be able to work from our NY office