Masterworks is a fintech platform that allows anyone to invest in shares of SEC-registered blue-chip paintings by names like Banksy, Monet, and Picasso. So far, we have raised over $500M across 100+ paintings from more than 450,000 users. This year, we expect to buy more than $1 billion in art, making us the largest buyer in the art market.
The business has more than 180 employees, and has been featured in major media publications such as The NY Times, CNBC, CNN, WSJ, and more. After becoming profitable in early 2020, just three years after being founded, Masterworks raised $110M in its Series A round with a valuation of over $1 billion.
With the exception of our tech team, all employees work in our offices at Brookfield Place in the Financial District of New York City.
We are seeking a full-time search marketer to join our team. A successful candidate will be a performance driven marketer responsible for building out and managing all paid search. Currently, the company does minimal SEM advertising as part of our overall media buying mix. We are looking to hire someone to scale spend in excess of $200,000 per month.
- Keywords and landing page development: Working with our creative team and marketing team to come up with keywords and landing pages that qualified investors would be searching for. For example, buying the keyword phrase “are stocks at an all-time high,” and then building a landing page talking about how the stock market is at its peak and diversifying into other asset classes may make sense.
- Writing and optimizing search copy
- Plan, execute, analyze, and optimize paid search campaigns
- Implement A/B tests across paid search campaigns
- Analyze and report on campaign performance
The Marketing team of ~30 people is responsible for generating leads for our retail sales team on a daily basis. Our marketing group is organized into the following groups:
- Marketing Analytics
- Platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tiktok, Quora, etc.)
- Programmatic Native and Display
- Creative (Copywriting & Design)
Requirements or Skill Sets:
- 3+ years experience in paid search
- Experience handling large budgets up to $200k+ a month, high campaign volume and complex strategies to drive quantifiable results.
- Google and Bing Ads certified
- Solid understanding of performance marketing and all performance marketing metrics (CPM, CVR, CPA, CPC & LTV)
- Comfortable working with large data sets, skilled in Excel / Google Sheets
- Strong organizational skills, project management and excellent communication ability
- You are a self-starter and proactive in making the display channel grow and meet targets
- Strong knowledge of finance and investing is a strong plus
- Experience with Google Display
- Experience with SA360, Kensho, Marin is a plus
Measurements of Success in First 90 Days:
- Create keywords and landing pages where you’re able to spend at least $1,000 per day (or $30,000 per month) meeting our cost per lead and quality goals
- Visibility into increasing spend beyond $100,000 per month
- Must be eligible to work in the US - no exceptions.
- Must be able to work out of our NYC office